Sunday, April 16, 2006

couple o' little nauties



I made these smaller than the pattern called for - fewer repeats, and small cotton yarn on size 3 dpns. The baculite is about 9 inches long (not counting the tentacles). I shouldn't be posting them before they have eyes but what the hey. They're for my pal Heather who got home today from her first research cruise.

The green one was done with one solid color and one varigated yarn.

I made the heads by picking up stitches inside the finished shells rather than knitting them separately and sewing them together. Next time I would increase the baculite faster, like maybe every other row instead of every 4th. Definitely making more of these...

3 Comments:

Blogger The Sinister Knitter said...

I love the colors, I am inspired, I will start mine today. YAY!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Mango said...

Love the little greeny! It's springy!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Megs said...

I adore the yellow green combo! How beautiful it would look in deep blue water!

picking up stitches is definitely the way to go.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home