Tuesday, April 25, 2006

suite of cephalopods


Sorry for the washed out picture, but here are my three Nauties! the green face spiralled one was increased every 3rd row, you can see this made him have a huge head by the time the coil was approximately the same radius as the green & yellow one. He's more cartoonish this way I guess. My friend's office mate walked in while we were playing with them (shake them and they seem to dance, like muppets? never mind). and said he was sure I could sell them at the paleo conferences for at least $15. tempting but NO.

The exciting news is that I made these for a foram-picking pal and gave them to her today. She loves them! Soon they'll be hanging (swimming?) around her office. And we made a date on saturday to get together and work on patterns for forams. This might be a bit out there for your average marine invertebrate enthusiast but I'll let you know if we write anything that works. Thanks to Beth for turning me onto the invertebrate knitting concept. so many possibilities....

4 Comments:

Blogger LaBean said...

awww big-headed Nautie.. he's cute! they're all lovely!! :D

7:54 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Forams! Please post them if you make them

7:57 PM  
Blogger Kellie said...

Beautiful-lucky friend! Mine is on DH bookshelf at school. Someone suggested I give him as a baby gift... Slobbery Nautie--NO WAY!

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Parilla said...

Forams! Yes! And trilobites! And maybe some of the amphibians of the Carboniferous? Thankyou for allowing me to combine my passion for Geology with my passion for all things yarn related. You rock!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home