Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Hello, hello

I thought I'd say hi to everyone!

First, I'm Sherry, or lunastrixae on the Knittyboards. I've never hosted a KAL, so if you have any suggestions for the blog, corrections or want to make a button, please feel free!

Second, I love Nautie because for many years I was a part time educator, docent, and fossil preparator at a local natural history museum. Pretty much I helped clean and restore fossils, mostly from the Cretaceous, and spoke to kids and adults about geology, dinosaurs and cool dead things. The most recent project of mine was to help mount a fossil crocodile skeleton at my old university.

Third, I also grew up in Ithaca, the same place as the designer (Beth) of Nautie! Neat, huh?

Finally, I have a stash of worsted weight yarn bits, and I plan on starting my Nauties tomorrow. I'm sure once they are spotted by my museum pals, I'll be making tons of them.

Enough about me, what are your 'nautie' plans?

2 Comments:

Blogger Eyja said...

Cool, I used to live in Ithaca.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Eyja said...

Oh, and I'm also planning to use some worsted weight leftovers that I have. Perhaps I'll experiment with other types of yarn as well.

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home