Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Nautie progress

Here's the one I've almost finished. The eyes are still missing. I'm supposed to have a bag of craft eyes lying around somewhere but I can't find it.



Here's my first experiment with a patterned shell. This is a chevron pattern with purl rows in between. Perhaps I should be using smaller needles with this yarn as the stuffing can be seen. My first finding in the pattern experimentation is that yarn-over increases are a big no-no as they leave holes through which you can see the stuffing. I'm using "make-one" increases instead.

7 Comments:

Blogger LaBean said...

Very interesting stitch pattern you're using. I really like it. I'm working on a Nautie in a stretch yarn. I'm wishing I didn't. But, I can always do another, right?

5:54 PM  
Blogger The Sinister Knitter said...

ohhhh I really like it. How is it done?

7:58 AM  
Blogger hootsister said...

I love the patterning! Very cool.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to know how you're doing the patterning once you've got it worked out. It's a really nice effect. :)

10:22 PM  
Blogger Eyja said...

I ended up frogging the green one because the visibility of the stuffing bothered me too much. I'm trying again with smaller needles and will post about it later.

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the look of this green yarn. yummy!

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Rosemary Quinn said...

Hi thanks for postting this

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home