Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wooly Nautie

Here's my first nautie. (without eyes, they're coming..) It's made from some scrap Rowan superfine merino yarn, normally needing sz 6 needles, but for the nautie to get a tight knit I used sz 4. It was so much fun to knit, very quick at first, but the bigger it got the longer it took;) It's a two evening-while-watching-tv length project for me..

Also started on the second nautie. Used double-stranded 100% nylon microfiber on sz 8 needles (very tight knit); and so far it's going to be HUGE (like pillow size almost..) I really love the microfiber, it's turning into a really cute baby gift! I think a number of them are going on our sailboat as pillows with a nautie-cal theme!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

I can't wait to see the GIANT nautie!

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOoh, oooh, I love the pillow idea. Thanks.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home